The book “Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less” is available free on Amazon for two days. This book has been updated as of November 2015 to reflect the changes made to Social Security by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015. According to the book description this book explains the following topics.
- How your Social Security retirement benefits, spousal benefits, and widow/widower benefits are calculated,
- How your benefits are affected if you have a government pension or if you continue working while claiming Social Security,
- How to decide when is the best age for you (and your spouse, if you’re married) to claim Social Security in order to get the most out of your benefits,
- Whether or not it makes sense to take Social Security early in order to invest the money,
- How to check your earnings record on the Social Security Administration’s website to make sure you’re getting the full benefit you deserve, and
- How Social Security benefits are taxed and how this affects retirement tax planning
Social Security can be complicated and most of us will be collecting it someday so it makes sense to read a book such as this to ensure we get the most possible. If you have been thinking about researching Social Security options getting this book for free would be a good start.