Tag: Contribution Limits

  • Retirement Account Catch-Up Rules

    Catching up is hard to do, unless you’re talking retirement savings and you have the power of the US Government behind you. The contribution limits for various retirement accounts are increased if you are over the age of 50 and you can use them to your advantage if you didn’t contribute as much in your […]

  • What Is The Roth 401(k)?

    You may have heard about the Roth 401(k) and the Roth IRA and wondered, what is the difference and why is this guy Roth putting his name on everything? To be fair, the guy Roth was Former Sen. William V. Roth Jr. (he passed away in late 2007) and he was the man most responsible […]

  • Identify Year of IRA Contributions

    April 15th is right around the corner and many of you will be making your 2007 IRA contributions right now, that’s great news. Putting money away into a Roth or Traditional IRA is one of the best ways you can save for your retirement, so kudos to you for doing it. Many brokerages and mutual […]