Kiplinger’s has published a retiree map that might be helpful for you if you’re nearing retirement. It gives you a visual representation of states with favorable tax (or unfavorable) tax situations for retirees. It will show you:
- 7 states with no income tax
- 4 states with no sales tax
- 5 states with the lowest overall sales tax (including averages for county/city sales taxes)
- 5 states with the lowest median real-estate taxes
- Most pension-friendly states
- The states that don’t tax social security benefits
Not a bad map to check out if you’re nearing retirement and looking to make a move.